Sunday, August 28, 2011

What a Fun Day!

Amelia and I had such a fun evening!  Matt had to work today, so after church, we went home and prepped for the afternoon while making lunches for the week.  The afternoon plans were to attend the lake baptisms that our church was having at a nearby park/lake after Amelia's nap.

Lia didn't really nap.  I ended up taking her shopping with me just to help put her to sleep for a while.  I had her in the carrier, so my back is a bit sore, but she did sleep most of the time while I was shopping, which I'm sure made the evening go a bit easier.  Whew!

We went minimalist on our picnic dinner:  I brought a sandwich for me, and I had some chicken, veggies, yogurt, cheese,  and formula for Lia.  The service was nice, and Amelia played well and stayed happy while watching other people and swinging her hands to the music when the band was playing.  She let some of the other kids help feed her and play with her while we were eating after the service.  And, she wanted to walk everywhere, so more strain on my back while I held her hands and she walked all over the park.  She also got to play with one of the older girls in the sand on the beach.  Needless to say, she got a bit messy from all the food and "nature".  Wet wipes helped, but I knew a bath was in order.  After a quick trip to the DQ with friends, it was time for bed... or so I thought.

We got home, and Lia was immediately back in good spirits.  It was bedtime, but her whole schedule was off from her afternoon nap.  So, bathtime!  She loved bathtime.  She stayed in the bath about twice as long as normal just playing in the water.  I got her out to change her into her diaper and PJ's, and she seemed happy enough until I laid her down, then she got upset, rolled over, and speed-crawled back to the tub, looking longingly at the water.  Back in she went, and immediately she began smiling and playing with her bath toys again.  We had a fun time with bath time tonight!

Then, when she was finally reaching to be let out of the bath, we only had a little bit of trouble getting into PJ's.  Playtime ensued.  Oh my, does this girl have energy!  I had a fun time working on getting her to take her evening bottle and go to sleep.  It was almost 10pm before she finally fell asleep!

What can I say, like mother like daughter, I suppose...  Though I'm a night owl myself, so this is fun for me.  More time to spend laughing and smiling and playing and snuggling with my baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment